Monday, April 16, 2007

Always The Runner call it quits; Gulf Coast in mourning


I could say sappy crap like Always the Runner was the heart that kept the southern Louisiana local music scene beating during hard times of recent past (which is true) and how they are almost solely responsible for me getting into the genre itself (also true) but it's all been said before. Instead, I'm going to talk about how thankful I am that the dudes in ATR even put forth the effort to record 2 albums and tour as much as they did coming from a place where I believe they were sorely under-appreciated. I'm not going to name names but , damn, some people don't know a good thing even when it's constantly playing in their own backyard. Enough from me, here's what the guys in the band had to say:

04.08.07
ya know, it's like that old Boyz II Men song goes. Or was it Bell Biv Devoe. I'm pretty sure it was Boyz II Men. Anywho, with 2 albums, 3 tours, 967 weekend trips to Texas and Arkansas, and not even 1 fist fight under tour belts, we have decided to put Always the Runner to bed. I'm sure I can speak for everyone in this rag tag group of misfits that creating and playing this music in front of you all has provided me with some of the best times and fondest memories I will ever have. The past year has brought many changes for each of us, and we have found it increasingly difficult to get together and write new material for you guys. Thus, it is best that we move on. I'm sure more music will be made in the future, just not as Always the Runner. We will be playing our last show in Baton Rouge on 4/21 w/ friends Rotary Downs and Questions in Dialect @ the Spanish Moon. Our dear friend Mr. Garrett Morley will help us put this beast to bed. Thank you all for listening and we will see you around. -ATR

No, ATR, thank you.

No comments: